RED VELVET POUND CAKE
This delicious red velvet pound cake is the perfect combination of flavors. Make sure the cake has cooled before icing it; for extra crunch sprinkle some roasted pecans on top. —Robin Smith, Old Fort, North Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan., In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in food coloring and extracts (mixture may appear curdled). In another bowl, whisk flour, baking cocoa, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating after each addition just until combined., Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 70-75 minutes. Cool in pan 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely., For icing, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until creamy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over cake; sprinkle with pecans. Store in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 639 calories, Fat 30g fat (14g saturated fat), Cholesterol 123mg cholesterol, Sodium 281mg sodium, Carbohydrate 87g carbohydrate (67g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
People also searched
More about "red velvet pound cake recipes"
RED VELVET POUND CAKE RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
Servings 1Total Time 1 hr 40 minsCategory Cake Recipes
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly brush a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with butter; dust with cocoa powder, tapping out excess. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- With an electric mixer on high speed, beat butter and granulated sugar until pale and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl. Reduce speed to medium; add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition and scraping down bowl as needed. Beat in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and vinegar. Reduce speed to low; add flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with buttermilk and starting and ending with flour mixture, until just combined. Add food coloring; beat until fully incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Tap pan on counter; smooth top with an offset spatula. Bake until a tester inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour 20 minutes, tenting with foil if browning too quickly. Transfer pan to a wire rack and let cool 15 minutes, then turn cake out of pan onto rack and let cool completely. Cake can be stored, wrapped in plastic, at room temperature up to 2 days.
- When ready to serve, beat cream cheese with confectioners' sugar and remaining 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract until smooth. Spread with a spatula over top of cake. Slice and serve.
RED VELVET POUND CAKE - I AM BAKER
4.3/5 (10)Total Time 1 hr 40 minsCategory DessertCalories 687 per serving
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare a large bundt pan with butter and flour or by spraying with non-stick spray. (My 10-inch bundt pan is 3 inches deep. There should be at least 1 1/2 inches between the height of the batter and the top edge of the pan.)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine cream cheese and butter until smooth, about 3 minutes.
RED VELVET POUND CAKE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
Reviews 14Category Dessert, SnackCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 10 mins
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare 2 regular bread pans by generously spraying with cooking spray and lightly dusting with flour.
- Briskly whisk the eggs until foamy. Beat in all the other ingredients until completely combined being careful to not over-mix.
- Bake for 60-90 minutes (wide variance depends on altitude differences and oven differences) or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center.
RED VELVET POUND CAKE - PAULA DEEN MAGAZINE
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
RED VELVET POUND CAKE RECIPES SCRATCH RECIPES
RED VELVET POUND CAKE - DOMESTIC DEE
RED VELVET POUND CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
RED VELVET POUND CAKE - SOUTHERN LADY MAGAZINE
TOP 10+ RED VELVET CAKE BALLS - ICECREAM.DIRECTORY
CAKE - KENNETH TEMPLE
RED VELVET POUND CAKE – ALL RECIPES GUIDE
EASY RED VELVET POUND CAKE » ALLFOOD.RECIPES
RED VELVET POUND CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE GLAZE - DIVAS …
RED VELVET POUND CAKE RECIPE - BAKER RECIPES®
RED VELVET POUND CAKE RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
RED VELVET POUND CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
RED VELVET POUND CAKE | SAVORY
EASY RED VELVET POUND CAKE RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
RED VELVET POUND CAKE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
RED VELVET POUND CAKE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
RED VELVET POUND CAKE - MRS. BELL'S KITCHEN
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #desserts #holiday-event #cakes #dietary #valentines-day #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love