People also searched
More about "homemade chicken pot pie recipes"
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE CHICKEN POT PIE | CHICKEN POT …
5/5 (1.3K)Difficulty IntermediateCategory Main-DishSteps 6
- Place the chicken breasts on a baking sheet and rub them with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, or until cooked through. Set aside until cool enough to handle, then remove the meat from the bones and discard the skin. Cut the chicken into large dice. You will have 4 to 6 cups of cubed chicken.
- In a small saucepan, heat the chicken stock and dissolve the bouillon cubes in the stock. In a large pot or Dutch oven, melt the butter and saute the onions over medium-low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, until translucent. Add the flour and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Add the hot chicken stock to the sauce. Simmer over low heat for 1 more minute, stirring, until thick. Add 2 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and heavy cream. Add the cubed chicken, carrots, peas, onions and parsley. Mix well.
- For the pastry, mix the flour, salt, and baking powder in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Add the shortening and butter and mix quickly with your fingers until each piece is coated with flour. Pulse 10 times, or until the fat is the size of peas. With the motor running, add the ice water; process only enough to moisten the dough and have it just come together. Dump the dough out onto a floured board and knead quickly into a ball. Wrap the dough in plastic and allow it to rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
HOMEMADE CHICKEN POT PIES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Servings 24Total Time 1 hr 35 minsCategory Chicken BreastsCalories 478 per serving
- Place chicken breasts into a large pot and cover with chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 20 to 25 minutes. Take chicken out of broth; pull apart or chop as desired. Keep broth hot.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter and olive oil in a large Dutch oven or stockpot over medium-high heat. Add potatoes, carrots, corn, celery, peas, and garlic. Saute until onions turn soft and translucent, about 15 minutes. Add 3 teaspoons salt, 2 teaspoons black pepper, rosemary, nutmeg, thyme, and sage. Cook and stir until combined into the vegetable mixture, about 1 minute.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in the vegetable mixture. Sprinkle flour on top. Cook, stirring constantly, until vegetables are coated, about 1 minute. Ladle in the hot chicken broth, 1 cup at a time, stirring constantly, until pot is sufficiently filled; you may not need all of the broth.
- Stir heavy cream into the pot; turn up heat slightly. Add the pulled chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally and scraping the bottom, until flavors blend, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until filling has thickened, about 20 minutes. Let cool for about 5 minutes.
HOMEMADE CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
5/5 (11)Total Time 1 hr 35 minsCategory Chicken BreastsCalories 402 per serving
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Season both sides of chicken breasts with rosemary, parsley, salt, and pepper. Add chicken to the skillet and saute until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE | REE DRUMMOND | FOOD NETWORK
Author Ree DrummondSteps 22Difficulty Intermediate
HOMEMADE CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE - COOK EAT GO
CHICKEN POT PIE (THE BEST) | RICARDO
THE BEST CHICKEN POT PIE WITH HOMEMADE PIE CRUST
EASY HOMEMADE CHICKEN POT PIE - INSANELY GOOD
EASY CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
CLASSIC CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
HOMEMADE CHICKEN POTPIE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
CLASSIC CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
BEST HOMEMADE CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
5/5 (5)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory Chicken Pot PieCalories 542 per serving
HOMEMADE CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE | KELSEY NIXON | FOOD NETWORK
Author Kelsey NixonSteps 5Difficulty 55 min
'SKILLET CHICKEN POT PIE' RECIPE IS COMFORT FOOD AT ITS FINEST
6 EASY WAYS TO UPGRADE YOUR CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE
CHICKEN POT PIE - BUDGET BYTES
15 CHICKEN POT PIE WITH NOODLES RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
CLASSIC AND COMFORTING CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE - THE BLOGETTE
10 BEST HOMEMADE CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE (COMPLETELY HOMEMADE + SHORTCUT OPTIONS)
CHICKEN POT PIE WITH CHEDDAR AND BROCCOLI RECIPE
CHICKEN DINNER PIE : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
CHICKEN POT PIE BAKED POTATOES RECIPE - DELISH.COM
HOMEMADE CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN POT …
50 BEST CROCK-POT CHILI RECIPES - PARADE: ENTERTAINMENT, RECIPES ...
CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #savory-pies #main-dish #potatoes #poultry #vegetables #american #chicken #dietary #one-dish-meal #inexpensive #meat #onions #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make a chicken pot pie?Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a bowl combine the mixed vegetables, chicken, cream of chicken soup and milk. Pour mixture into one of the pie crusts. Turn the other crust over and pop out of the tin onto the top of the filled pie.
How do you make a chicken and onion pie?In the saucepan over medium heat, cook onions in butter until soft and translucent. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and celery seed. Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk. Simmer over medium-low heat until thick. Remove from heat and set aside. Place the chicken mixture in bottom pie crust.
How do you make a chicken and vegetable pie?Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a bowl combine the mixed vegetables, chicken, cream of chicken soup and milk. Pour mixture into one of the pie crusts. Turn the other crust over and pop out of the tin onto the top of the filled pie. Seal the edges and poke holes in top crust.
How do you cook chicken pie crust?Place the chicken mixture in bottom pie crust. Pour hot liquid mixture over. Cover with top crust, seal edges, and cut away excess dough. Make several small slits in the top to allow steam to escape. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.