- Prepare the crust: Preheat oven to 400 degrees with rack in center. Butter a 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk to combine flour, sugar, and salt. In a small glass measuring cup, stir together butter, vanilla, and 1/2 tablespoon water; pour over flour mixture. Stir to combine. With floured hands, press dough into prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove tart shell from oven, and reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the filling: In a large bowl, stir together almonds, heavy cream, sugar, egg, almond extract, Grand Marnier, and salt. Pour filling into crust. Bake tart on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet until golden brown, about 45 minutes.
A friend gave me this recipe. She got it from a King Arthur Flour catalog. That catalog has everything! These tarts are great! My friend decorates them with piped flowers for showers & teas.
Provided by CaramelPie
Yield 2 1/2 dozen, 30 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- For dough: Beat the butter, sugars, and salt until fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla, and mix well. Stir in the flour until well blended, then refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes or longer.
- Shaping: Place a rounded teaspoon of dough (about 1/2 oz.)into each ungreased mini-muffin cup. With floured fingers or a tart tamper, press the dough up the sides of the cups to form the floor and walls of the crust. Place the crusts in the refrigerator to chill while preparing the filling.
- Filling: Crumble the almond paste into a small bowl. Blend in the sugar, salt and extract(s). Add one egg at a time to the almond paste, mixing well after each addition until there are no lumps.
- Assembly and Baking: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place a slightly rounded 1/4 teaspoon of the raspberry jam into each dough-filled cup. Top with almond filling. The almond filling should come to the top of the dough. Bake the tarts for 24 to 28 minutes, until they're puffed and golden brown. Allow the tarts to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before turning them out to cool completely. While they cool, make the glaze.
- Glaze: In a small bowl, mix the confectioners' sugar with the water until dissolved. Add the food coloring, if you're using it. Drizzle the glaze over the tarts. The tarts store well for 3 - 4 days in airtight containers; freeze them for longer storage.
- Take 2/3s of the puff pastry and roll out thinly to line a buttered 10 inch quiche dish or tart pan, allowing a 1 inch overhang all around.
- Roll out the remainder of the pastry slightly thicker and cut into strips that are ½ inch wide and set aside.
- Cream the butter with the sugar.
- Add 1 egg and beat well.
- Add 1 tblsp of the flour.
- Add second egg and beat well.
- Mix the almond extract with the milk and add it to the batter along with remaining flour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread jam on the pastry in dish to within 1 inch of the rim.
- Sprinkle the grated almond paste on top.
- Cover with the batter using a spatula, being very careful not to disturb filling Make a lattice with the pastry strips over the top and crimp the edges, turning in the overhang of pastry to form a rim.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350F and bake 15 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 410, Fat 23.3, SaturatedFat 10.1, Cholesterol 84.5, Sodium 262.4, Carbohydrate 46, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 25.4, Protein 5
People also searched
More about "almond tarts recipes"
DIANE'S ALMOND TARTS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
4/5 (3)Total Time 1 hrCategory Dessert TartsCalories 247 per serving
- In a large bowl, cream 1 cup butter and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in 2 cups all-purpose flour and 1/4 cup cornstarch. Shape into a ball and refrigerate for 1 hour. Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness, cut into appropriate size circles with a glass or cookie cutter and press into tart shells. Spoon 1 teaspoon jam into bottom of each shell.
- In a large bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in rice flour and cocoa powder. Beat in eggs and 2 teaspoons almond extract. Fill tarts 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown and filling is set. Allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, Stir together 1 cup confectioners' sugar, 2 tablespoons butter and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract. Spread on tarts. Garnish each tart with a maraschino cherry.
ALMOND TARTS | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.7/5 (36)Total Time 1 hr 13 mins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F., To make the crust: Beat together the sugar, butter, salt, and extracts., Add the flours, stirring to make crumbs that cling together when squeezed., Press the crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of six 4 1/2" mini tart pans (or a full-size tart pan; see tips, at left); prick them all over with a fork., Freeze the crusts for 15 minutes, then bake them until they're just beginning to brown on the edges, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool while you make the filling., To make the filling: Beat together the butter, salt, sugar, flour, and extracts., Beat in the eggs, then add the almond flour, stirring just to combine.
- Spread the filling into the crusts., Bake the tarts for 18 to 24 minutes, until their tops are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven, and cool in the pans., To make the glaze: Stir together the sugar and milk until smooth., Spread the glaze over the cooled tarts, and top with fresh raspberries or sliced peaches.
MINIATURE ALMOND TARTS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF …
ALMOND TART RECIPE - BBC FOOD
ALMOND PEAR TART RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF …
ALMOND TARTLETS | DESSERT RECIPES | GOODTO
ALMOND TART RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
10 BEST ALMOND TARTS ALMOND PASTE RECIPES | YUMMLY
ALMOND TARTS RECIPE | MOLLY YEH | FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (20)Difficulty EasyCategory DessertSteps 8
ALMOND FLOUR TART CRUST RECIPE (LOW CARB, KETO, PALEO)
ALMOND TARTS WITH JAM BEST RECIPES
GANESH CHATURTHI 2022 RECIPES: MAKE ALMOND HALWA TART AND …
CLASSIC FRENCH APPLE TART RECIPE – SUGAR GEEK SHOW
ALMOND TARTS RECIPE - NYT COOKING
CLASSIC FRENCH ALMOND TART RECIPE—TARTE AUX AMANDES
ALMOND TARTS RECIPE
BUTTON CUP TARTS WITH HOMEMADE ALMOND MILK RECIPE | PBS FOOD
10 BEST ALMOND TARTS ALMOND PASTE RECIPES | YUMMLY
ALMOND TART CRUST RECIPE - THREE OLIVES BRANCH
10 BEST GROUND ALMOND TARTS RECIPES | YUMMLY